Saturday, November 06, 2004

About Africa...

Madness reigned in my final days in Canada. The chaos of the trip was compounded by my attempts to finish grad school applications at the same time. Fear not, I've been blogging, but I haven't had reliable Web access here. Now I'm slogging through the morass of Botswanan dial-up to build a new spot for my ramblings, the joyously-named and Kim-inspired Eaten by Elephants. The format is VERY basic, a symptom of atrociously limited bandwidth... nothing to be done about that until I can find broadband, which just doesn't really exist here. Which is strange, because some of Botswana's far poorer neighbours have far better ISPs. In any event, comments are EXPECTED! This will be one of my key lifelines to my own world. I'm gonig to be VERY out of the loop on politics, movies, and pretty damn much everything, so I'm counting on y'all to at least chat with me about animals with large teeth.

One minor caveat... my grandparents and other sweet'n'innocent folks will be reading the new blog, so let's keep the assrape references to a bare minimum. You know who I'm talking to.

No comments: