Sunday, September 19, 2004

Last Night?s Dream (Sorrry it's a bit long)

So usually it is Bob that has the funky dreams but this morning I had a doosey and it involved a lot of you. It was a dream about a wedding which is an omen of death. So one/some of you might be dying. I will reveal my prediction(s) at the end.
It starts off at home (which isn?t my real home) where I look across the courtyard of our home into the living room of my neighbours. My neighbours have many daughters (around 5?) who, because they are going to a fancy party, are all wearing beehives. This is especially hilarious on the youngest girl who has flaming red hair.
Anyways it is now time for my sister?s wedding. I have no sister so I will describe my dream sister. She is extremely beautiful and young about 18. She has sleek dirty blond hair (almost mousey) and she is very short only coming up to my chin and she is very slim. She was wearing an early eighteenth century empire waist dress (think Jane Austin) and looking very ethereal. She was also a bit of a flake. I didn?t like the guy she was going to marry and I kept calling him a jerk or an asshole. We got on transit to go to her wedding and were consequently late. We entered the hall where the feast has already started. All the tables were lined up along the left hand wall in this narrow room in which everything seemed to be made of unfinished wood (tables, benches, floors, walls, plates etc.). We sit down a the centre table and are served something breaded that we are informed by most of the room that it is ?MEDIUM-RARE SALMON. Even the kids know that!? For some reason we are in Germany and most of the groom?s family is German. So after my culinary blunder I start worrying about how I am going to officiate at the wedding ceremony. This is a pagan wedding and I am going to marry my sister and this guy (whose name I never do learn). I decide to say ?Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutch aber mein Deutch ist nicht gut. Also, Ich will in Englisch sprechen.? (I speak a little German but it isn?t any good so I will speak in English.) My mother/aunt rises to give a speech. This woman is a huge strong-looking beefy woman who has short black hair cut straight at her shoulders in a very severe style. I hover around to try and help her with her German which she seems to know perfectly well. We then find out my sister?s finance has been arrested for fondling children or doing something rather nasty to children at least. I then have to go pee so I go into the kitchen and try to pee in a bowl of ice that is in the fridge because I can?t find the bathroom. (These things make sense in dreams!) But as I am trying to figure out how to get in the fridge and close the door, Paul Rushton comes up to me and I pass him some cake from the fridge to him. (As far as I know the cake wasn?t peed on but I wasn?t looking very closely). Then for some reason it is my wedding. But I don?t know any pagan wedding ceremonies. I go into the original hall which has now turned into a mystical bog where the grim reaper, standing on a wooden walkway and surrounded by decay and mist, is burying the plague dead. I take a big thick book of pagan ceremonies from the grim reaper who I suspect to be Eva. (I don?t generally associate skeletons wearing very weathered cowls with Eva I just thought she must be wearing a lot of make-up.) I take it back into the kitchen but I doesn?t have anything on weddings, I leave somebody looking through it for any mention of weddings and start wandering around. I am looking for people. I remember that Corinne and Graeme are at Corinne?s Dad?s Surprise party and that Mike is painting his house. We then have a weird cut-scene at my fiancé?s house. He has been released by the police. His mother and sister are hurrying to get ready for the wedding but his dad and him are still in their underwear. As the women run out of the bedroom, his dad who is wearing a wife-beater made out of SPARKLY BLUE SEQUINS is laughing and my jerk fiancé just turns over in bed and goes back to sleep. (I uppercased sparkly blue sequins in case you missed it). Back at the wedding several hundred RCMP arrive to search the party. They tell me it is not serious or official. I start thinking that I will complain to my friend who was high-up in the RCMP. (I don?t know anyone high up in the RCMP but I do know their sustainability coordinator but I really don?t think she can do much about police complaints.) Paul comes up to me and is facing me when they arrest him. I take his mostly eaten piece of cake and his candle (It?s a pagan wedding, remember). Then another of the wedding guests twists his arm to make easier for the police to arrest him but his arm (which is extremely bendy) slips out of the grip. He is then held to the floor and arrested. He and two other people are left. One guy I don?t know very well but Paul and another are my ?really good friends.? I know the second ?really good friend? was one of you but I can?t remember who. I was somebody who was smaller than Paul (so not Owen, BJ, or Gareth) but not terribly skinny either (So not Scott) and not anybody else accounted for in this dream. Nick and I are watching from the front steps. He and I are sobbing because we think that we will never see them again. He is saying what a good guy Paul was. (Emphasis on ?was?). My friend John-Paul from school comes up the steps to me and seems kind of amused at the whole thing. End of Dream.

So my predictions:
Paul is going to die in Botswana.
Nick is going to commit suicide because Paul left him to go to Botswana.
Eva is going to die in a horrific make-up accident or of the plague.
Corinne and Graeme have already been killed by a champagne cork at her father?s party.
Mike drowned last night in paint.

No comments: