Monday, September 20, 2004

"I'm moving and good riddance" party, Saturday September 25th

Didn't quite get through painting and here's why;

The main living room and dining room went well, with "golden horn" covering all but the bayview window wall, which I chose to convert into a feature wall. Unfortunately the "tomahawk" wasn't as dark as the paint chip indicated and it looked like ketchup and mustard. So I redid the feature wall to match the rest of the room and starting prep'ing the kitchen and bathroom, where I found mildew and mold above the shower stall and bathroom fan. I've suspected this for a while given the number of leaks and the complete plumbing replacement this summer, but have only just found evidence.

A friend of my Mom is managing a brand new building a few blocks away that will be available for November which is perfect if I give my notice now.

So the main living room and dining room were finished and the kitchen and bathroom will be restored to glorious white this week. The rest is someone else's problem.

Email me for directions:

"ilich_m" at "lycos" dot "com"

p.s. I didn't drown in paint, but I appreciate the fact that I've infiltrated Rachael's subconscious.

NB: Let's say any time after 7:00pm? By the way, the party will be entitled "Hallway is stink" after the following letter I read in response to a neighbor who leaves his garbage at the foot of his door in the hall:

"Dear Tenant of 2xx,
Please not to leave the garbage outside apartment. Hallway is stink."

I've had it, that's it...no more...I'm leaving...


No comments: