Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Zero-G pants-wetting, or, How I learned to stop worrying and ask someone to push me out of a plane...

Now that I'm getting settled in and have some free time, I'm obeying the prods of a fellow intern and thinking of going skydiving sometime soon. Only problem is, I'm a wuss, too fragile to do it alone. Anybody wanna jump out of a plane with me?



Vital info: The jump we'd be doing (being parachute virgins) is a 3000-foot tethered jump, which I'm told is the standard first drop. Step from the plane, freefall for perhaps a second before your chute automatically opens, and drift downwards. Costs about $200 (depending on the place), so I'll be saving my pennies for a little while before I'm up for it. The fields are mostly in Abbotsford, so fellow jumpers with car are especially welcome. A handful of my coworkers did it in May, said it was a fucking blast, and have been preaching skydiving to me ever since. Anybody interested?

No comments: