Thursday, July 29, 2004

Movie weekend...

Any way I look at it, this seems like it'll be a three movie weekend...

I'm the only person alive, apparently, who really enjoyed all three of M. Night Shyamalan's (I hoped I spelled that right) movies, so I'm determined to see The Village. Advance press is actually pretty good.

The Manchurian Candidate's been getting damn good reviews, and I love a good political thriller, especially these damn days. Shamefully, I've never seen the original, and for some reason I feel compelled to see the new one first.

Oddly, I think I may be most stoked about Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. What's up with this one? Ads are suggesting stoner gross-out teenagers-trying-to-get-fucked-in-every-possible-meaning-of-the-word comedy, but between the lines there seems to be a genuine riff on American racial politics.

Anyways, I'm thinking of catching one tomorrow evening, and at least one more early Saturday before the fireworks. Any preferences for what comes first?

PS: Fable of the day - I'm so full of (largely ineffective) xylocaine that my right eye and ear are numb. Drawing on my new experience with emergency dental work, I'd advise others not to floss so insistently that they rip out a chunk of a tooth. Better yet: Never Floss.

Update: Bugger. I forgot all about Garden State... maybe a four-movie weekend.

No comments: