Thursday, January 04, 2007

Blogger Switch - A message for authors

Scott illuminated the fact that the Clubhouse has a scant 6 authors now because I switched over to the new Blogger (because it's more awesome and blog authors who are logged on don't have to type in the stupid key pass phrase to post comments).

To remedy this problem, follow my simple steps (no guarantee that it will work, as I have never HAD to do this, as I was the catalyst, not actually the flock):

Log into Old Blogger (you get the choice of Old or New now). If you're already logged on, log out and log back into Old Blogger. Click the SWITCH NOW button that features somewhere prominent on the front page. Sign in with a google account or a gmail account. You are now allowed to use New Blogger. But, wait! Make sure you log out of all Google products and Blogger before attempting to post again.

This, pressumably, will get you up and posting again. If not, be patient. Somehow that worked for another author of the blog and he ended up with two accounts to write for the Clubhouse (so I deleted one, if it was the wrong one, I am sorry).

If anyone else has sage advice to give to the old bloggees, post it in the dear old comments.

11 comments:

scott said...

I can save drafts but I can't publish or delete. Logging out of everything didn't help. :(

Corinne said...

Did you switch all your blogs over?

Corinne said...

I posted your posts; it might just be a delayed thing. If the problem still persists tomorrow, I'll work harder on it.

Toby said...

Can we get post labels onto the sidebar? I think labels are way cool. I got me half a mind to go back through my posts labeling all of them. Labels!

Corinne said...

I love the labels, too. I think I will.

Eva said...

Well, I don't have, or particularly want, a google account or g-mail account, so I guess I'll just post rambling comments now, as I'm allowed to do that.

Corinne said...

Why Google accounts rock:

1. Google Calendar. I know, Eva, that you are a social butterfly and need no organzation or last-minute ideas for fun, but the Calendar was definitely one of my favourite online gadgets of 2006. I have multiple Calendars to keep track of when people I know are busy or not, which makes scheduling much easier for my social life and organization.

2. Google Personalized Homepage. Perhaps my nerdiest point on the list, the GPH is one of my most used wepages now as it stores absolutely everything (with an RSS or XML feed, hahahah) in one tidy place. I tabs for news, comics, "nerd stuffs" (wikiHoTo, wikipedia, Wired, Nasa, etc.), blogs and personal (all the Google add-ons save Reader are on this tab).

3. Gmail & Talk. If I ever need another email address, something has gone horribly wrong with the world. I have so many problems with every other webmail program, that it's nice to not lose my emails or conversations and have them organized in a really neat and tidy way.

4. Google Reader. For anyone who reads any more than 3 blogs on a regular basis, this has been a gem of a tool. Instead of doing a daily check of all the blogs, Reader checks for you and makes a nice little list. Sure, I don't get to see sparkly kitten backdrops or animated gifs when reading from my Google homepage, but at work, being a minimalist is a good idea.

5. Blogger. There will e a day, Eva (et al.) wher you will have an awesome event that you should wish to rally the troups with. And on that day you will fiddle with Blogger and convert to the power of Google. Or, you'll email me and I'll post it. Either way works.

6. Notebook, Docs & Spreadsheets. A frill free, free (that's right, free) online collaborative Office-style program. Lots of people can add or remove from one document at the same time. How awesome is that? How much of a nerd am I?

And they're not even paying me to say how much I'm a dork!

scott said...

You forgot Picasa for photo editting, organizing and sharing. No longer do you have to buy (haha I mean steal) Photoshop just to adjust the saturation of your pictures!

I think my blogger account has magically started working again.

Corinne said...

I think patience is the number one requirement for switching to the new blogger.

Meeko said...

All fixed. And internet exploder users can read my blog again. And yes, I will post again to it soon. Really.

Corinne said...

If any of you are feeling industrious/bored, it would be great if labels were added to your previous posts.

I've learned we like our movies a lot, but politics, music and theatre all need some tagging. Locations also work for tags (like CLubhouse, Slack Shack and The Jolly Rodger).

So much tagging to be done, some help would be great!