Sunday, August 20, 2006

and they said geography is dead

Who knew that maps could be so much fun!? That's right - Brendan, Rachael and I aside, urban geographers that we are - you guys can finally have fun with maps.

Check out this site. It is a google map like website, but instead of landmark locations, the dynamic map is overlain with transcripts of conversations overheard in specific sites in Manhattan. Hmm this website oversteps ethics, but what the hell -- the transcripts are anonymous and kinda fun! So enjoy.

http://persistent.info/overplot/

JP

PS: Whoever came up with this website is to be blamed for my lapses of procrastination! Curses.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Houston & Broadway:

"No, I agree with you. Even if it's a robotic kid, they should treat it as one of their own."

I love this.

KJ_Duke said...

I'm partial to the disgruntled airport employees and the professors reminiscing about drug use...but really, transit is where it's at for soundbites.