Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sign my cast?

This will perhaps be my last non-morphine induced transmission for the next few days. I broke my ankle on Burnaby Mountain sunday...not doing anything stupid or dangerous...just taking a corner along the base on the shoulder and having the front tire wash out while the rear knocked me to the ground. Unfortunately, my left foot got pinned...aside from the burn of a ligament tear, it didn't seem broken...but the fibula shifted and I have to get a plate put on tomorrow. Then I'll probably be confined to the coquitlam center area for about 10 days...

So yeah, I'm off to the Royal Columbian hospital for the day tomorrow.

Just remember: mountain bikes don't kill people...random forces of nature and laws of physics do.

p.s. On the flip side, Gareth did AWESOME and rode an XC that I'd spent a week working on until the gears and brakes were better than new.

No comments: