Friday, May 04, 2007

New fun!

Yesterday I went dragon boating with my work. It was as much fun as I expected (I really do enjoy being on the water) and it looks like my company is putting together a corporate team for the Alcan Dragon Boat Festival. I asked to join, let's see if they let me.

You kids know me, I am a wimp and a half! But my team came in second and for first timers, our team was at the upper novice, lower recreational team times. It was wicked awesome totally cool fun.


And now, to the point: Dragon Zone, for the month of May, on Sundays has $2 lessons at 2pm (all equipment included!). I'm going to leave Chinee foo at 1pm on the dot to make sure I can get into this. I'm going to try to make it out every weekend (it's a great deal compared to the season rates they charge), and if there is enough interest from Clubhousers, we might be able to even get a recreational team going. How awesome* would that be!?

So, I'm getting to Chinee Foo at 11:45am and ordering the tofu, the green onion cakes, & mushroom fried rice. Anyone interested in dragon boating on Sunday with me is more than welcome to come. If you can't make it this weekend, and you're interested in going later this month, give me a holla'! I'm also going to set up a Clubhouse series of events on facebook.


*unrealistic.

1 comment:

KJ_Duke said...

Yeah, I should be there this Sunday if the weather holds out.