Thursday, May 10, 2007

Corporate Dragon Boat Team is Short FIVE THREE PEOPLE

Hey guys, I seriously need five two MORE people to commit to dragon boating (three if Lee & Mariko make the leap over the fence).

My work is short 12 people, but between the group of us, have managed to compile 7 10 (thanks Mariko, Lee, Mike, Graeme & Brendan). No, I don't need to get all of them for the company, but I think I can do my best. Some of you aren't on facebook, so I didn't get a chance to invite you there.

We're practicing 3 times in 5 weeks time before enterting the Alcan Dragon Boat Festival's competition (pfffft). This will all wrap up after the festival on June 16th.

Please, please, please join. Without you there will be no team. And that will make me very sad.

Practices will be evenings & weekends; ideally, you can commit to any time so as to create as few scheduling conflicts as possible, but I am sure some shifting will have to occur.

Pretty please?

(begging is so not becoming of me).

4 comments:

KJ_Duke said...

Ummm, does it matter that I will be at Sasquatch on the 27th of May?

Corinne said...

No, the Sundays are drop-ins not associated with the corporate team. This may get blurry, but Sundays at 2pm are just drop-ins and not related.

It's likely evening events, and it looks as though we may have a dragon boat world championship winner as a coach or somehow affiliated with us? I dunno.

Rabbitinahole said...

I'll do it I just need to know when.

Corinne said...

It's evenings and weekends, but even with you, we're still short.

We'll know by Friday when the schedule for practice will be. We only have a month to get ready, so I don't know if this is even going to happen any more.