Thursday, May 25, 2006

This Saturday the 27th

I'm not going to the Gorge to have the Flaming Lips sing "Happy Birthday" to me like they did in 2003, but honestly, karaokeing with friends just might be a little better.

First stop, the recently expanded Foundation restaurant for dinner, 2301 Main St @ 7th Ave, 5:15 til just before 7:30. Yes, that's really early, but they open at 5:00 and I hope we can be out of there in time for the main attraction. They don't accept reservations and sometimes the food can take a while, even if you're not in a party of what could be 20 or so. But the food will be worth it. I'm not a vegetarian and neither are most of the friends I've been here with, but there's something for everyone.

Then the Vets Club of course, Main @ 23rd, from 7:30 til 11:30. Best to get there as early as possible and sign up immediately for one or two songs, if you're a singer. I'm really excited for some dareoke! I already warned the request-taking lady that there might be a whole lot of singers who wouldn't normally be there on a Saturday, and she thinks it'll be fine.

And barhopping afterwards if I haven't been liquored up enough.

No comments: