Saturday, May 20, 2006

My idea of fun.

Anyone else want to go see The Birthday Party at the Van East this week? It's playing until the 27th. I was thinking of aiming for Tuesday, but I'm flexible. I'm pretty stoked to see it, especially after reading these Amazon.com reader reviews:

"I'm comfortably on the upper half of the food chain when it comes to intelligence, and when I'm at a loss to explain why an author's work is great, it's because his work, in fact, is not great. I wouldn't say the same thing about nuclear physics or brain surgery - when somebody does great work in those fields and I don't understand it, I'll chalk it up to "this guy might be really smart and I just don't know what he's talking about." But literature? Come on... the whole point of literature is that it is supposed to connect with the reader, not bewilder him."

"Informatively I am an avid reader with a vast collection. The Birthday Party did not have one redeeming feature. I could not believe that anything written could be so bad."

"Pinter in his political work presents himself as a spokesman for the oppressed of Mankind and has for years attacked the United States. The United States is without its faults, mistakes and misjudgments nonetheless the single major force in the world which prevents Mankind from falling into a dark night of Totalitarian Terror."

No comments: